The ALCAMS mission is to establish, support, and sustain a network of highly qualified and trained medical providers who will work with the Alabama Network of Child Advocacy Centers, the Alabama Department of Human Resources, and law enforcement agencies across Alabama to provide medical assessments on children who are being evaluated as possible victims of child maltreatment.
To accomplish this mission, the ALCAMS Network Office has developed and will continue to update and manage:
- Educational and training guidelines for network participating medical providers
- Clinical practice guidelines for child abuse and neglect medical evaluations
- A database of the results of medical evaluations performed by network providers for reporting and quality improvement efforts.
- Provide online resources for all participating medical providers at no cost to the providers.
- Provide regular continuing education programs to all providers to enable them to continue to be up to date with all recommendations for medical evaluations and treatment.
- Regular communication with DHR and LE agencies on when and how to obtain a medical evaluation.
- Provide continued educational, moral, and peer review support to all participating network medical providers.